July 31, 2013

What I've Actually Learnt from TV

Yesterday I posted a list of somethings the entertainment industry has taught, or simply just brought to my realization. 
Yesterday as well, I was watching an episode of Mystery Diagnosis and I actually learnt something :)

A certain woman had been suffering headaches and had witnessed abnormal increase in the size of her body parts...and this was over quite a long period of time. It turned out she had Acromegaly (read about it here) which was irreversible because the tumor she had around her pituitary gland had spread to different parts of her brain. Had it been diagnosed earlier, she wouldn't have had to live a less-than-normal life.

So, the lesson I learnt...don't shove headaches aside as 'headaches that Ibubrofen can solve'...They're not always that minor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment