October 15, 2013

10 Actors and The Roles That Never Change


Extended Version= Extra awesome! Own it, see it on iTunes

This has been on my mind for a while. With the amount of motion pictures I watch weekly and in fact, my entire life. Recently I watched Just Like Heaven, a flick I'd seen years ago and thought Reese Witherspoon and Mark Ruffalo were the only characters in. By the way, is it just me who's been seeing Mark Ruffalo everywhere? Like he just pops in the scenes of movies I happen to have watched consecutively (Just Like Heaven, Rumor Has It, Now You See Me).

Anyways, back to the point. Do you happen to notice certain actors whose roles in different movies have the same DNA? It occurred to me recently, like I said, when I was viewing Just Like Heaven. Jon Heder happened to be in it, as a mentally-questionable psychic. Then, nostalgia brought School For Scoundrels, Mama's Boy and When In Rome back to my mind. To myself I asked, 


Why does this guy always play a character that has mental issues or no life? 
That's what he's good at.

I mean, you can't make Seth Rogen play a congressman (I never thought Matt 'Jason Bourne' Damon would play Liberace's gay lover anyways). Based on this discovery, I recalled some other screen people who kinda fall in the category. Images below, dear friends.

I just had to start with him, 

Actor: Jason Statham (If he wasn't the first you thought of...)
Role: The badass, usually for revenge action star.
Movies: Transporter trilogy, Fast and Furious 6, The Mechanic, The Italian Job...
Of course we were all shocked at the end of Fast and Furious 6. Sigh

Actor: Ed Helms
Role: The confused (whatever it is)
Movies: Evan Almighty, Hangover trilogy, Harold and Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay...
Yeah, we're playing hide and seek. I hope he doesn't find me

Actor: Morgan Freeman
Role: The witty big brother
Movies: Shawshank Redemption, Batman trilogy, R.E.D...
Bale, it'll be thirty years before you get hair like mine

Actress: Katherine Heigl
Role: The old unlucky spinster
Movies: New Year's Eve, 27 Dresses, Killers (not for long), The Ugly Truth...
'I didn't get to cook you one dinner in that apartment...you walked out before I unpacked the first bag of groceries.'
Story of My Life. Not mine thankfully *wink*

Actor: Eugene Levy
Role: The silly dad
Movies: Madea's Witness Protection, American Pie franchise, Cheaper by The Dozen
Never seen any toy quite like this

Actor: Jon Heder
Role: I said it before, but anyways, the guy with mental issues
Movies: When In Rome, School for Scoundrels, Napoleon Dynamite...
Does this even need a caption?

Actress: Queen Latifah
Role: The black woman scorned.
Movies: Taxi, Beauty Shop, Joyful Noise, Bringing Down The House...
The happiest you'd ever see her

Actress: Brooklyn Decker
Role: What Men Want or What Women Envy
Movies: Battleship, What to Expect When You're Expecting, Just Go With It
This is why.

Actor: Vin Diesel
Role: Guns, no roses. But fast cars, sometimes
Movies: Fast and Furious franchise, Riddick franchise, Babylon A.D.
Gun in arms and guns for arms

Finally....If you never noticed...and you watch black family dramas, you'll scream 'Absolutely!'




Actress: Loretta Devine

Role: The black family matriarch
Movies: Madea's Big Happy Family, Death at A Funeral, This Christmas, Lottery Ticket...
Mother dearest

You agree? Or is there someone who isn't here? Leave a comment :)

Have a great day guys




No comments:

Post a Comment