July 14, 2013

Rest In Peace Cory Monteith

So I just got home (I've been away for six weeks) ecstatic, about an hour ago from my elaborate graduation soiree and I logged on to my facebook page when I saw a link from People Magazine that read 'Glee star dead'. Heartbeat Intensified. Mouth Agape. Fingers Crossed. I opened the link in a new tab and found this...


Cory Monteith's Death Shocks Hollywood

UPDATED 07/14/2013 at 10:00 AM EDT  Originally published 07/14/2013 at 03:20 AM EDT
Cory Monteith Dead: Hollywood's Stunned Reaction

Hollywood was left stunned Saturday at the news that 31-year-old Glee star Cory Monteith was found dead in a Vancouver hotel room. 






Dead? No... I just found this November/December 2011 issue of Teen Vogue in my archives as a matter of fact...

actually,  I didn't exhume it when I read the tragic news, coincidentally, it was just there beside my laptop as my sister read it a week ago and carelessly left in on my bed (in my absence)! Looking at the cover everything became so surreal and it bolstered my denial. Finn's not dead, I've been chanting for a while now even though I'm not such an avid watcher of Glee.
I'm shocked. The same way I was when I found out about Brittany Murphy...and James Gandolfini...and AMY WINEHOUSE! I never knew them personally (obviously) but they each had a presence in my life, whether it was The Sopranos, or Back to Black or Clueless and now it's Glee? #pained.
Rest in Peace Cory Monteith, I hope you're in a far better place and like you crooned in Season 4's Episode 8, '...make that place your home.'  :'(

Cory Monteith 1982-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment