September 21, 2013

Mine and...Rifftrax's: The Worst Movies of All Time

Sorry this post came later than when I promised.
Every good thing has its Mr. Hyde, right? Something that's the exact polar opposite and at the utmost bottom in every sense of the word. In this case, I'm referring to audience-magnetizing, heart-warming, Oscar-winning flicks (like the ones on the list of My Top Ten Favorites of All Time  and the movies that just don't cut it. The ones you sleep ten minutes into and make you whine the entire duration. 

Anyways, since I brought you the list of my Top Ten flicks of all time, I guessed it was time I showed you guys the movies that really ticked me off. Like seriously. But first, as it is tradition, that I put up another list someone else compiled, here are the flicks that the peeps at Rifftrax voted for as 'The Top 10 Worst Movies of All Time'. 


10. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen




9. Son of the Mask

 “Somebody sssssstop me! No seriously, somebody please stop me, I’m planning to make a sequel to The Mask, eleven years after the original, without Jim Carrey, but with Jamie Kennedy, a dog, and a dancing baby. This is a cry for help.” - Rifftrax

8. Jack and Jill

7. Battlefield Earth


6. Super Mario Bros.

5. The Last Airbender
"Evidently this movie is full of affronts and blasphemy to the canon of the Nickelodeon cartoon show it is based on...We CAN state for the record that it is quite easy to detest this movie even if you’ve never seen a frame of the TV show."- Rifftrax
4. Spiderman 3

3. Catwoman


2. Batman and Robin

and their worst movie(s) ever was....
1. The Twilight Saga

“Mumble mumble mumble moon eyes. Mumble mumble mumble mumble lay in a field. Mumble mumble mumble perv on a baby. Mumble.” - Rifftrax

I kinda agree with some of the movies on the list, however, I strongly believe Spiderman 3 and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen shouldn't be there. I mean, many of course are still angry about the un-ignore-able goofs in the Michael Bay creation...'how come her pants were still white?' but when there's Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and John Turturro, it has to be heartwarming. At least, a little.


So anyways, since this post is called Mine and Rifftrax's, it wouldn't be complete without the movies I consider pain inducing.



10. Colombiana


9. Abduction
'Dear Lily Collins, I don't know why you kept you tongue out in almost every scene! There are better ways to show that you're terrorized! And Taylor, just go to the Yale School of Drama or something.'


8. Magic Mike


'Some had their ovaries melting at the sight of Channing Tatum and friends...It was actually nice to see Matthew(s) Bomer and McConaughey, but, it was excruciating for me, listening to the dialogue. It was painful throughout the movie. Odd thing...critics don't agree.' 


7. Takers

'This was a star-studded heist movie gone wrong. The action scenes were completely un-moving and the characters simply lacked the charm of Danny Ocean's eleven or Charlie Croker's henchmen who pulled of the Italian Job'
I still love Messrs. Ealy and Christensen ;)


6. Scary Movie 4



5. Saved

'This movie was just everything wrong.'


4. Spy Kids 4D



3. Vampires Suck

' Now parodies are supposed to leave you laughing and rewinding. Vampires Suck left me empathizing with The Twilight Saga...and that's not good'


2. The Twilight Saga (Eclipse, in particular)


Rifftrax said it all.


1. Disney Channel Movies (The teenage ones and not the animated ones. Ratatouille as a matter of fact is my favorite animated movie).


  'Disney flicks are filled with not just predictable plots but predictable scenes and very predictable characters. Even more annoying is the fact that these predictable plots are repeated  and remain unchanged a la Radio Rebel, Cow Belles, Harriet The Spy, Hatching Pete...'
They're made for youngsters anyways. Maybe that's the point. But, they leave my criticizing for over an hour straight.


There you have it. My worst flicks of all time. Other movies I really dislike which could serve as no. 12,13 and 14 are Prometheus, Savages and American Reunion.

If I didn't explain why a movie is on my list, just ask me in a comment box ;)
If you think another deserves to be here, do the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment