May 28, 2013

Mine and...CNN's: The Worst Movie Villains

So this is something I've decided to start doing. I'll take a look at lists (particularly those pertaining to politics and pop culture), analyse them and make mine. After that, I'll leave you to make yours and maybe, take polls. 
Today however, I stumbled upon a list of CNN's 20 favorite movie villains and it got me thinking Which movie characters' deaths have I wished for? I thought for a while and then decided to make my own list.

(In increasing order of malevolence) 
CNN's
20. Joan Crawford, Mommy Dearest
19. Norman Bates, Psycho
18. Regina George, Mean Girls
17. General Zod, Superman
16. Hans Gruber, Die Hard
15. 'Baby' Jane, What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?
14. The Joker, The Dark Knight
13. Wicked Witch of the West, Wizard of Oz
12. Khan, Star Trek
11. Magneto, X-Men
10. Cruella de Vil, 101 Dalmatians
9. Lord Voldemort, Harry Potter
8. Max Cady, Cape Fear
7. Hannibal Lecter, Silence of the Lambs
6. Anton Chigurh, No Country for Old Men
5. Nurse Ratched, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
4. Colonel Kurtz, Apocalypse Now
3. Darth Vader, Star Wars
2. Tommy DeVito, Goodfellas
1. Khan Noonien Singh, Star Trek Into Darkness

Mine
20. Dr. Facilier, The Princess and The Frog
19. President Snow, The Hunger Games
18. Freddie, Nightmare on Elm Street
17. Jason Voorhees, Friday the 13th
16. Robert Angier, The Prestige
15. Calvin Candie, Django Unchained
14. Joan Crawford, Mommy Dearest
13. Scarecrow, Batman Begins
12. Hilly Holbrook, The Help
11. Catherine Tramell, Basic Instinct
10. Lord Voldemort, Harry Potter
9. Bane, The Dark Knight Rises
8. Professor Moriarty, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
7. Dorian Gray, Dorian Gray
6. Darth Vader, Star Wars
5. Alex Forrest, Fatal Attraction
4. Aria, Eagle Eye
3. Damian, The Omen
2. Joseph Kony, Machine Gun Preacher

and...The most sinister, most vile, most malevolent creature of them all...
                                            The Face of Pure Evil: Manny Heffley

1. Manny Heffley, Diary of A Wimpy Kid

So that's my list in comparison to CNN's. They're quite distant though Darth Vader, Joan Crawford and Lord Voldemort are common factors. What makes the characters on my list so evil anyway?
On my list are the outrightly-freaky, animated, voodoo doctor, the computer who manipulatively tried to bring down a government, the man who sees nothing wrong in feeding another to dogs and delighting in brutal, raw mandingo fighting, the man who sold his soul just to stay young (please, you never heard of Chuck Norris? better still, Jason Earles!) 
Then the chart-toppers are the characters that portray harsh reality. There's Kony who is still alive, on the run and still doing my home continent so much damage. Then of course there's Damian, the anti-Christ whom as a Christian I believe has a place in reality. Then...there's the little sibling we all dread. Who we've all called 'devil' in our minds once or twice or more times before. Yup, they're the newer kids in our parents lives and...
                           
                                    '...as the older one, you're meant to take responsibility'
                                                                           -My Mum, 5000+ times

To me, that's just sinister and I've been a victim. Just joking anyways, I love my little sister and it's good to see she's grown. 
There you have it, Mine and CNN's. I won't mind you making it 'Yours, Mine and CNN's'. You can make your own list and leave it in the comments box. Don't forget to vote in the polls!
Have a lovely evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment