July 19, 2013

Volunteering for Mandela Day

In the past few days, worldwide, certain people and issues have been celebrated and buzzed about. First, we had Gleeks united in mourning over the death of the very talented Cory Monteith. Then we've got the media going berserk or maybe just anxious for Will and Kate's 'plus one' and finally, an icon was celebrated for his tireless effort at mitigating our world's problems. Nelson Mandela day was on the 18th of July (just yesterday) and many decided to honor this day by doing something special. In South Africa, we had his countrymen (and children) singing and over here, a really good friend of mine decided to in his on way, commemorate the day: Volunteering at an orphanage here in Abuja. I was quite shocked I must say, but, I've known him and he's generous, so instead of shocked I'll just say I'm quite delighted. I forgot to mention, his name is Tolu Segun, one of the nicest friends I've ever made. I've attached the link where you can find it below :)

http://www.mandeladay.com/calendar/event/volunteering-at-an-orphanage

No comments:

Post a Comment