May 23, 2013

As a Nigerian...

I've been glued to Sky News and CNN these past few days. The Moore tornado, The Woolwich Killings and yes, today, I was amused at this persistent protester trying to prove a point while President Obama was speaking on counter-terrorism. She just kept talking and I was shocked she wasn't sanctioned. Anyways, I was befuddled this morning to learn that one of the Woolwich killers was identified as Nigerian muslim, Michael 'Mujahid' Adeboloja. WOW. I was already in disarray at how savage the killings were and I just had to learn that the assailant is a fellow countryman! My emotions changed suddenly. I felt sorry. Sorry, like I owed the victim's family an apology. Sorry that this ever happened. Sorry as a Nigerian. In the video, he said that the people in 'his land' witness worse. What land? The land he's probably never been to? What's he even doing in England enjoying the country's benefits and then saying he wants to start a war against it?! Now, I'm angry again, as I was before I became sorry. Countrymen please stop all of this! Please. #NothingJustifiesMurder.

No comments:

Post a Comment